Sylvester Awagu, DMD, MS
I love the variety that pediatric dentistry provides. No day in dentistry is like the next, and every patient is different. I feel fortunate that I have been blessed with a gift and the ability to improve the quality of life of the patients I treat, whether examining a child at their first dental appointment or discussing with their family ways to ensure their child grows up cavity-free. I love showing children dentistry can be fun. My mission is to break down walls of fear and create a bond of trust that will last the rest of their lives.
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery – University College Hospital
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship – University of Maryland Medical Complex
- Certificate in Pediatric Dentistry – Baylor College of Dentistry
- Master of Science – Baylor College of Dentistry
- Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Dental Association
- Society for Pediatric Sedation
- Texas Dental Association
- Texas Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- San Antonio Dental District Society
As a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, I am committed to continuing my education in many areas of pediatric dentistry. I have advanced training in the treatment of children under general anesthesia and oral conscious sedation, children with special needs, and cleft lip and palate dentistry. Additionally, through my memberships with the American Dental Association, the Society of Pediatric Sedation, and the Academy of Pediatric Dentists, I am able to confer with my peers on the latest, most effective, and most comfortable treatments and services in the field of pediatric dentistry.
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Academy Of Operative Dentistry Award for Academic Excellence
- Pass-International Dentist Award for Academic Excellence
Outside the Office
I am happily married to my wife, Nnenna, a Nurse Anesthetist, we have three daughters and one son. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my family, hiking and fishing, playing lawn tennis, being active in my church, and going on dental missions to Africa and the Caribbean countries.